It’s that time of year again, golf season is right around the corner and we can’t wait here at Copper Hills Golf Club. This year, we want to make sure you are fully prepared for the season. For those who did not get a chance to play in the winter, it’s time to start getting ready.
Here are 5 ways that you can prepare yourself and your game for this upcoming golf season.
- Set goals. As a golfer setting goals is extremely important not only for your physical game but also for your mental game. Before the season starts set a couple of realistic goals that you can work towards throughout the season.
- Preparing your equipment. If you haven’t used your clubs during the winter months, they probably need some dusting off. Make sure you get your clubs out and check if they need any upkeep. It also never hurt to get a new golf outfit so you are looking fresh on the course this season.
- Indoor practice. If you are able to go to an indoor practice range you should do so, if not, simple putting drills in the living room are perfect too. Being able to practice the movements again will have your body ready to go once the course opens up for the season.
- Mentally prepare. Golf is a very mental game, and if you are not mentally prepared, your game may suffer. To prevent that from happening this season pick up a golf book you’ve been dying to read or read your favorite golf blogs. Get back into the golf mindset.
- Prepare your body. Not only should you be working on your swing, but also your body in general. Do some stretches or go for a walk. Doing something to get your body physically ready again is very important.
Preparing for the upcoming golf season is important not just for your physical game but for your mental game as well. If you use some of these tips, your golf game will be more than ready for the season.
For more information on preparing for the upcoming season at Copper Hills Golf Club, contact us here or call us directly at 248-969-9808.